Welcome to February, which was going to be The Month Of Readathons. There are four readathons that caught my interest this month… but then I brought home ALL THE BOOKS from ALA. I’ve got a nice community of reviewers and librarians who I’ll be sending these to one I read them, so I’m trying to prioritize the ones coming out soon or the ones in high demand.
The four readathons I was planning to participate in this month were Feminist Lit February (whole month), Blackathon (whole month), Sapphicathon (February 1-7) and ContemporaryAThon (February 11-17). I might include the challenges I complete in my updates, but they’re not my priority. Similarly, I’m not doing the Devour Your TBR challenge or my TBR jar this month. I will be reading Soft on Soft by Em Ali for the Sapphicathon as the author kindly sent me a copy for this very purpose.
As far as challenges, I’ll be focusing on reading my ALA ARCs, which I should have up in a post soon. The ones I’ve prioritizing are:
- Fat Angie: Rebel Girl Revolution by e.E. Charlton-Trujillo
- Laura Dean Keeps Breaking Up With Me by Mariko Tamaski and Rosemary Valero-O’Connell
- Once and Future by Amy Rose Capetta and Cori McCarthy
- Tell Me How You Really Feel by Aminah Mae Safi
- The Lost Coast by Amy Rose Capetta
- These Witches Don’t Burn by Isabel Stirling
- We Set the Dark on Fire by Tehlor Kay Mejia
- With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo
And these are of a slightly lower priority, but it would still be nice to read them this month:
- A Place for Wolves by Kosoko Jackson
- Carmilla by Kim Turrisi
- Going Off Script by Jen Wilde
- Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan
- Zenobia July by Lisa Bunker
Things I’m looking forward to:
Empire of Light by Alex Harrow comes out this month!! It’s a queer space story (think Firefly) with magic! You can preorder it here. They’re doing a preorder campaign and releasing the e-book three days early for preorders. Go give them all the love.
Other releases I’m excited about this month are We Set the Dark on Fire by Tehlor Key Mejor and Bloom by Kevin Panetta and Savanna Ganucheau
So there’s my plans for February. Have you read any of them? Are you doing any of the readathons? Let me know in the comments!